This Cream Puff recipe is famous in my family and with everyone I’ve ever served them too.
These cream puffs are unlike any others you may have had before. For my mom’s famous cream puffs, the secret lies in her amazing filling. Some try to pass off a filling of bland vanilla pudding. Not this time. This filling does have a pudding base but with the addition of heavy cream whipped in you just can’t go wrong. It is rich, decadent and everything a cream puff filling should be! The shells are also ultra light making them the perfect vessel to hold all of that yummy cream! You can even make the shells ahead of time and freeze them! You can make the cream a day ahead, too. Then just stuff them before serving. I have even stuffed them the night before and they were perfect the next day. I would just hold off on the powdered sugar or it can get funky in the refrigerator
- 1 stick butter (8 Tablespoons)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1c flour
- MOM’S FAMOUS FILLING:
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 package (3.4 OUNCES) instant vanilla pudding
- ⅓ cup milk
How To Make MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Bring the butter, water and vanilla to a boil.
- Add the flour and stir constantly until it leaves the side of the pot and forms a ball.
- Remove and cool.
- Beat in 4 eggs, one at a time until smooth.
- Drop by T. onto parchment lined cookie sheets
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
- LET COOL.
- Slice in half and pipe or scoop in Mom’s filling.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Beat the cream, pudding powder and milk in a mixer until thick like whipped cream!